Your flying course at APTRAC Aviation focuses on Professional Pilot Development, not just standard flight training.
As one of the top flying training schools in South Africa (SA), Aptrac specialises in training both fixed-wing and helicopter students with no previous experience up to Private and Commercial Pilot level.
Aptrac Aviation's flight school offers great advantages to the prospective student pilot because of our high quality and internationally recognised training programmes including high-quality flight simulator training.
On our flying courses, students are trained to have a professional approach to their flying, whether as a Private or Commercial Pilot.
The currency exchange rates also favour flying training in South Africa for international students.
"We don't just teach Flying, we develop Pilots"
CHOOSING A FLIGHT SCHOOL
You have decided you want to enter the exciting world of aviation and become a pilot. You are probably researching your choice of training facility to accomplish your goal. Let’s try and make this part of it make sense to you.
If you are serious about flying, there is no choice:
You will be checked, assessed and flight-tested by one of our check pilots. Your instructor too, is rigorously trained and regularly checked by our panel of check pilots.
FULL TIME TRAINING
Would you choose to go to university full time or part time to obtain your degree? Full time flying courses have proved to achieve more effective results in all forms of training. Here you can close yourself off from life’s usual distractions and concentrate on the task at hand: training to become an outstanding professional aviator. We do of course train those wishing to do only the Private Pilot Licence course, to the same high standards as those students continuing onto the Commercial Licence course. It is important to note that you are on a course for a specific continuous period and your flying will be scheduled for you. Breaks are not permitted without approval and should you fall behind your course, you may need to re-enrol on another course period.
DEDICATED TRAINING ENVIRONMENT
We are in the business of teaching you, the client, to fly. We are not involved in charter, aircraft hire, aircraft maintenance or any other facet of the industry. You will be assigned an instructor who, under the watchful eye of the check instructors, will take you step by step through your course. The ground lecturer will supplement your training with briefings and lectures. This team cares about you and your flying training. They would like to see you develop into a dedicated professional, just as they are.
Our academy has a brand new FTPT II simulator which can be flown as a Piper Arrow or Piper Seneca. It has full visuals and the instructor can program many situations for realistic training. Instrument training towards the Night and Instrument Ratings as well as advanced training will be done on this simulator.
• Primary night and instrument rating training (Commercial candidates)
• Proposed and approved PPL night and instrument rating training
• Part 135/121 recurrency training as per SA-CATS regulations
• Type specific conversion training (including ground school)
• Special Operations Training (ACAS; GPWS; Windshear ;RSVM; AWOPS ; Low visibility Procedures; Weather avoidance; GPS; CRM refresher; Turboprop orientation)
• SA-CAA Instrument Rating Renewals
• Airline Operation Programme
• Multi Pilot License (MPL- soon to be ICAO approved)
• License and rating upgrade programmes.
At the end of the day our training is cheaper. That may not appear so by simply comparing quotes, but look for a moment at the broader picture. What are the chances of exceeding your budgeted flight time/course duration at Aptrac Aviation when:
• You benefit from the continuity of flying regularly with your instructor
• You have a comprehensive ground support system
• You can refer to ground instructors for theory support
• Your progress is regularly checked by a check instructor or the Chief Flying Instructor
• Flight simulation facilities are available. Lectures and briefings are included.
• You are motivated by flying in a dedicated, professional environment
The training centre is situated at the Port Elizabeth airport. We have classrooms, briefing rooms and a dispatch facility adjacent to the hangers at which the aircraft are kept. The fleet consists of Cessna and Piper aircraft and Beechcraft Duchess, keeping progressive training transitions smooth. Every instrument flying lesson will be pre-flown on the simulator facility.
Fuel facility is on site as is aircraft maintenance. The Port Elizabeth airfield has:
• Two improved runways
• Multiple precision and non-precision approaches
• Controlled/uncontrolled airspace
• Primary and secondary radar
• An array of airline traffic giving you exposure to controlled traffic
You will be operating in a modern, organised aviation environment from day one!